So tough guy (or girl), you fancy yourself an Islander fan do you? Well you surely are, but how much of a fan are you? Well I've come up with a quiz to ascertain just that. The answer key is at the bottom of this post. Good Luck Islander fans, they'll get harder as you move on!
1) This University of Minnesota Alum has recently signed a 3 year deal with the Isles:
A) Robert Nillson
B) Kyle Okposo
C) Butch Goring
D) Deb Kaufman
2) The Islanders first victory of the 07/08 season came against?
B) Tampa bay
3) This goaltender served as Wade Dubielewicz's backup when DP missed 3 games due to a knee injury:
A) Tim Jackman
B) Garth Snow
C) Freddy Meyer
D) Joey MacDonald
4) At the half way point in the season, which was the only Islander of the following who could not boast that he played all 41 first half games?
A) Richard Park
B) Andy Hilbert
C) Mike Sillinger
D) Trent Hunter
5) Of the 6 retired numbers that hang in the rafters at NVMC, which 3 of those dynasty players did not attend Al Arbour night on November 3rd, 2007:
A) Gillies, Potvin and Smith
B) Trottier, Bossy and Smith
C) Bossy, Nystrom and Potvin
D) Potvin , Nystrom and Smith
6) At the half way mark of the season, who led all Islander D-Men with 64 shots?
A) Radek Martinek
B) Andy Sutton
C) Marc-Andre Bergeron
D) Chris Campoli
7) The Islander scoring difficulties during the first half of the season were well documented. Perhaps what best illustrated the drought was the number of consecutive games the Isles went without scoring more than 2 regulation goals. Exactly how many games was that?
Analyzing your score:
0/7- You stumbled onto an Islander blog by accident
1/7- "Is Mike Peca still on the team?"
2/7- "I promise, I'll pick it up in the spring!"
3/7- You attend the occasional game
4/7- You watch most games- good for you!
5/7- You own Tradex's 20 game ticket plan. Great!
6/7- Do you work for the team or something? Outstanding.
7/7- You're Christie Brinkley, and You're an Islander!!! Amazing!!
Answer Key- 1-B, 2-D, 3-D, 4-C, 5-D, 6-D, 7-D